Monroe Yorke Diamonds Pty Ltd (“MYD”) and our related entities respect your concerns about privacy and recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
- your visits to one of our administration and collection points and when you connect with us via telephone (“Offline Platforms”); and
- our third-party sources, including advertising and social media networks
(collectively, the “Platforms”).
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you through various Platforms as described above as is reasonably necessary for our business functions. The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
- contact information (such as name, residential or business address, post code, email address and mobile or other telephone number);
- username and password;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorisation number or security code, signature, delivery address, and billing address);
- proof of identity, such as your driver’s licence or passport number;
- customer service information (such as customer service enquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- if you are a candidate for employment, information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at MYD such as contact details, information about your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for and details about your current employment;
- purchase and transaction information collected via our secure payment processing systems;
- contact information you provide about friends, relatives or other people you would like us to contact in connection with a purchase;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers; and
- other personal information we obtain through our Platforms.
4. COLLECTION WITH COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Platforms, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, MYD is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
5. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of selling and promoting our products to you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide various products and services to you that you have requested from us;
- process and fulfil orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- provide customer support (including repairs, alterations, cleaning and other services) and respond to your enquiries;
- create and manage your account with MYD;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business by developing new products and services, enhancing and improving our services, marketing, product and service development, analysing our products and customer base, performing data analytics;
- protect against fraud and carry out loss prevention activities;
- verify your identity;
- send you promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, special occasion reminders and other marketing communications);
- communicate with you about products and services, and to administer your participation in, special events, contests, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- to comply with laws and regulations and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at MYD; or
- for any other purpose for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
Where we have obtained your consent to the extent required by applicable law, we use information collected through cookies for the purposes described in our Cookies Policy.
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
7. INFORMATION WE SHARE
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
To the extent provided by the law, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend, or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
10. HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your personal information. We take reasonable administrative, technical and physical steps to ensure your personal information is protected against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
11. LINKS TO NON-MYD SITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our Online Platforms may provide links to sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with MYD. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. Our products and services also may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as providers of app stores) or through other third-party channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-MYD sites, apps or services.
13. CONTACT US
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
You may also access your personal information held by MYD by making a request to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to:
The Privacy Officer
c/o Legal Department
Monroe Yorke Diamonds
Level 54, 111 Eagle Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
Some cookies are functional and necessary cookies that support essential features of our website, such as storing your shopping cart selections while you continue to shop and navigate to different pages of our website.
Some Cookies collect information (including sometimes IP address) to assess how you use our website, so that we can improve the navigability of our site and provide you with better customer service.
Some Cookies may share information with our carefully chosen third party partners. These third party cookies may share information with partners to provide services on our site. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service or function (such as social media “like” and “share” buttons). Certain third-party cookies can be used to offer a customized user experience, by providing you with interest-based services (see “Interest-Based Advertising”) both on this site and on some other websites as well. Some of these customized browsing experiences may be linked to services provided by third parties which provide these services to recognize that you have visited our site. This information is used to inform you of MYD products and services which may be of interest to you. These cookies may also link to social media networks such as Facebook or provide advertising agencies with information about your visit so that they can present you with advertisements for MYD products and services which may be of interest to you.
To manage the third-party cookies served on our site, please visit the relevant websites listed here:
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
To manage all cookies on our site, including those that are served by us, you can change your browser settings. For additional information on how to manage all cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that disabling, blocking or deleting cookies in your browser settings may impact your ability to fully utilise our website.