Jewellery independently authenticated for your peace of mind
All of our jewellery priced at over $2,500 is authenticated, valued and certified by an independent Australian gemmologist and valuer registered with the National Council of Jewellery Valuers (NCJV).
It is vital to get your precious jewellery valued by an independent third party so we do not conduct in-house valuations. Our valuers are completely independent from us and they do not trade or have corporate alliances with Monroe Yorke Diamonds. This means your jewellery will receive an unbiased valuation based on the highest industry standards utilising state of the art technology. You can therefore have 100% trust and confidence in the valuation carried out on your jewellery.
We use independent valuers who are registered with the National Council of Jewellery Valuers and who are members of the Gemmological Association of Australia. They are bound by a strict Code of Ethics that protects consumers and are required to uphold a high standard of quality in conducting their valuations. All members of the NCJV must have accredited training in all the key areas of gemmological study, gemstone grading and the detection of synthetic gemstones.
In addition to providing you with peace of mind, an independent valuation certificate ensures that in the case of loss, theft, or damage your insurance company will give you an equal replacement of your item. The more information contained in the valuation, the better chance you have of receiving the exact replacement for that item. For this reason, our independent valuation certificates contain the following key information:
- an accurate and complete description of the item being valued;
- the precious metal (s) used in the jewellery and the weight of those metals;
- the shape, carat weight, colour, clarity, and measurements of the centre diamond;
- details of any smaller diamonds on the item including number of small diamonds, measurements of the smaller diamonds and carat weight of the smaller diamonds;
- the name of the independent laboratory certification, report number and certification date;
- the total estimated retail replacement value; and
- details of engraving (if any).