Above image shows a poor (left), good (middle) and excellent/ideal (right) proportioned diamond. This is what is visible to the naked eye. The Monroe Yorke Signature Diamond is depicted on the far right. Photo credit [Kevin Schumacher/GIA, 190160-round- brilliant-diamonds -636x358, https://www.gia.edu, 12 March 2020, https://www.gia.edu/gia-news- research/gia- researchers -evaluate-light-performance-diamond-cut]
The Art of Diamonds
Forever and a day; if such a thing were measurable, then we would say that our diamonds could last that time, and beyond. Metaphors aside, Monroe Yorke diamonds are made to last, and more importantly; they are made to look stunning, through time…
Going beyond the conventions of carat, cut, colour, and clarity; all our diamonds exhibit incredible light performance, and as a result, are considered true rarities in the market. Our meticulous standards in grading have helped us set this benchmark, and our customers can be assured in the authenticity of our claim of superior quality, as every diamond sold by us, is a GIA certified piece.
Now, diamonds don’t make themselves into what they become. Taken from the rough, each diamond needs the patient, yet artful workings of a Master Jeweller. The artisans of Monroe Yorke hold over 25 years of jewellery-crafting experience, and are true prodigies in combining exquisite design sense with high-quality finish.
Quality and value are watchwords of the Monroe Yorke brand, and every single diamond product we offer to you, has been made to reflect this promise. When you choose our diamonds, it will be because we have shown you; perfection in every facet…
The intense white light that radiates from the diamond.
The vivid flares of rainbow colour that can be seen as light bends within the diamond.
The dramatic, luminous flashes of light that occur when a diamond moves.
The way light is distributed throughout the diamond, based on its unique cut and birthmarks.
Photo credit [https://sarine.com/home-new/diamond-guide/light-performance/, https://sarine.com]
When you buy a diamond from Monroe Yorke Diamonds, you can be assured that you are purchasing a diamond that has been graded according to meticulous and exacting standards and one that has superior light performance. We have achieved this through extensive research by expert gemmologists and scientists combined with:
- The experience of leading diamond manufacturers
- The opinions of diamond dealers
- The opinions of diamond retailers
- Consumer focus groups made up of potential diamond buyers, who perform visual tests on different diamonds in different light conditions, to determine a diamond’s brightness (brilliance, fire, and scintillation), and its overall beauty.
It was important for us to use potential diamond buyers like you to get a real world assessment of different diamonds. We harnessed this knowledge to create a computer model of the perfect set of proportions, that we use to create the Monroe Yorke Signature Diamond. A piece of pure beauty!!!
What our research led us to conclude is that, the perfect proportions of a diamond that will result in superior light performance exhibit the magical combination of brilliance, fire, sparkle, and light symmetry.
Our Master diamond artisans apply this theory along with their decades of experience and great eye for detail, in cutting and polishing to create the Monroe Yorke Signature Diamond.
When a diamond is cut and polished to these ideal proportions, we create a diamond that has maximum brightness and sparkle to the naked eye. In gemmological terms, this is the diamond’s brilliance, fire, scintillation, and symmetry.
DIAMOND BUYING GUIDE
Before buying your diamond, no matter how alluring that scintillating sparkle seems to your eye, it is advisable to educate yourself with regard to the 4Cs of diamonds, the standard that reputable diamond retailers use to ensure that the diamonds they source for you are of an extremely high quality.
The 4Cs represent Cut, Colour, Clarity, and Carat. These standards are not only used to assess a diamond’s quality, but also its value. To learn about the 4Cs and what it means to you, go to our Diamond Education section on www.mydiamonds.com.au.
If you ask a diamond retailer to choose the most important element of a diamond, he may very well say that Cut determines the diamond. It is this element that optimises the fire and brilliance of the diamond.
Your chosen diamond may well have an excellent colour grade or good clarity, but if the cutter has not cut the stone to its best advantage, it will not emanate that sparkle we all love. At Monroe Yorke Diamonds, we would recommend that our customers look for a diamond with a very good or better cut grade to assess a diamond’s quality, clarity, and colour as also important elements. The colour grade will determine the amount of colour the diamond has, or more accurately, doesn’t have. The less colour within the stone, the higher the colour grade. Read more...
One of the most exciting aspects of buying a diamond is selecting your ideal shape. Diamond shapes are all very different, with unique characteristics. The shape of the diamond is paramount to the stone. This is the quality that gives your diamond personality and charm.
You can choose your diamond from the shapes shown below. If you would like to discuss your diamond with a diamond professional, please call 1800 766 567 and speak to one of our Professional Diamond Specialists who are trained to help you find your perfect diamond.
To learn more about diamond shapes see http://mydiamonds.com.au/knowledge-centre/the-shape-of-your-diamond
At Monroe Yorke Diamonds we are confident of the quality of our diamonds and the state-of-the-art craftsmanship of each piece by our master craftsmen, artisans whose meticulous devotion to detail has crafted every facet in every diamond.
And to ensure that the diamond you love is the perfect one for you, your diamond will be independently graded and certified by one of the diamond grading laboratories below. These are the world's foremost authorities in gemmology and they will grade, certify and laser inscribe each diamond according to a stringent and consistent grading standard.
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- American Gem Society (AGS)
- Hoge Raad voor Diamant (HRD), or Diamond High Council
HINTS AND TIPS FOR BUYING THE PERFECT DIAMOND
We believe that you cannot buy a better diamond than a Monroe Yorke Signature Diamond. At Monroe Yorke Diamonds you will receive customer service that is second to none, the most in-depth and up-to-date advice from our Professional Diamond Specialists and an online showroom of the most exquisite diamonds and diamond jewellery.
To help you even further in your search for the perfect diamond, read our Hints and Tips for Buying the Perfect Diamond. It's an at-a-glance guide to diamond education.
- Diamonds that are graded the highest in terms of cut will be the most expensive because of rarity value and the skill required of the cutter.
- The sparkle (combination of brilliance, fire and scintillation) of a diamond is determined by the quality of its cut and not by its shape. All diamonds have sparkle but those that have been cut to ideal proportions and graded accordingly, will exhibit optimum sparkle and scintillation.
- A diamond with a high colour grade will have little or no colour. A diamond is graded in respect of its lack of colour, so a colourless diamond (D-F colours) will be more expensive.
- A Monroe Yorke Diamonds Professional Diamond Specialist will be on hand to answer your questions and help you to prioritise the elements that will help you find the diamond that suits your budget and style. Please call us on 1800 766 567 or chat below.
- A diamond should be graded for colour before it has been placed in a setting.
- The differences between colour grades of diamonds can be insignificant to the naked eye but can have a significant effect on cost.
- Most inclusions or imperfections in a diamond are so infinitesimal that they cannot be seen by the naked eye.
- The weight or size of a diamond should be considered in conjunction with the other elements of the 4Cs to ensure a perfect choice.
- Decide upon your budget for your diamond and try to achieve the best diamond within that budget.
- Apply the 4Cs when comparing diamonds.
- Compare different grades of diamonds so that you can clearly see the difference.
- Talk to a Monroe Yorke Diamonds Professional Diamond Specialist to find the best quality diamond for your budget and style.
You can learn more about diamonds in our comprehensive diamond education section: http://mydiamonds.com.au/knowledge-centre
Looking for a specific diamond?
Let us know the specifications of the diamond you are looking for. We will get back to you with some beautiful options for your consideration.